#1 Paul C

Paul C

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hi,

I just want to post the arp version of a melody that I'm after doing.

I have had problems in the past with making my melodies a little too complex with too many notes in them - I may have done the same here! Is there too much going on with the upper notes here, do i need to make it more simple and add pads to it to enhance the melody instead, or does it sound OK (for a 138 uplifter)

Let me know what you think anyway.

Thanks,

P

https://soundcloud.c...lymusic/example

Edited by Paul C, 03 July 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#2 MikeSquillo

MikeSquillo

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Don't know what your worried about it sounds ok lol so far so good =)

#3 khazm

khazm

• Residents
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

I like it, but I feel there's a lack of tension in some parts. Not sure if that's deliberate or not, it's nice, that's for sure! But it seems as if I'm travelling down a winding road when I'm listening to it, a winding road the never ends if you get what I mean.

In saying that, I'm not much of an uplifting producer, and I normally use call and response to build my melodies :)

It's nice though, let me know if/when you finish the track!

#4 Paul C

Paul C

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thanks a lot for giving it a shot and for getting back to me, something to take on board. Thanks for that link, I'll have a look at it tonight.

At the minute I'm thinking that it's OK to make the breakdown as 'complex' as I want, but by the time the lead arp comes back in, I should maybe strip it back a bit and make it more simple. I'm also undecided if the loop is too long and whether or not it would sound better to fit everything into half the number of bars. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users