107 replies to this topic

#1 Paavo Siljamäki

Paavo Siljamäki

Supah Monkey

• Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

This week we're trialling the TATW web vote as a Facebook Question to see if we can make it quicker and easier for more people to pick their favourites from the show.

THE POLL IS NOW LIVE - HEAD TO http://www.facebook....50327595806629/ TO VOTE NOW

p

#2 Untold stories

Untold stories

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

I prefer it just on the forum. Eventually there will be no forum if everything goes to Facebook.

#3 AnjunaCrasher

AnjunaCrasher

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

I prefer it just on the forum. Eventually there will be no forum if everything goes to Facebook.

:yes:

^^^THIS^^^

The forum is generally where the 'proper' fans are, involving Facebook will encourage more people to get involved but not the 'kind' of people that I want to share the experience with.

TATW is very personal to me and I'd like to keep it that way

Don't want to sound too negative but I couldn't deal with mainstream tracks dominated the show week after week, keep it just that little bit underground and retain the quality and ethos of Anjuna.

:cool:

Best tracks:

2005: Sunny Lax "P.U.M.A. (Original Mix)" & Above & Beyond vs. Andy Moor "Air For Life (Original Mix)"
2006: Nitrous Oxide "North Pole (Original Mix)" & Above & Beyond "Can't Sleep (Signum Remix)"
2007: Nitrous Oxide "Amnesia (Original Mix)" & Sunny Lax "Blue Bird (Original Mix)"
2008: Signalrunners "Meet Me In Montauk (Original Mix)" & Signalrunners & Julie Thompson "These Shoulders (Oliver Smith Remix)"
2009: Nitrous Oxide "Aurora (Original Mix)" & Sunny Lax "Misgrey (Original Mix)"

2010: Mat Zo "The Lost" & Mike Shiver & Aruna "Everywhere You Are (Duderstadt Vocal Mix)"
2011: Edu & Cramp "Human Turbines" (Beat Service Remix) & Andrew Bayer "From The Earth (Breakfast Remix)"
2012: Norin & Rad "Bloom" & Velvetine "The Great Divide (Soundprank Remix)"

2013: Purple Stories & Static Blue "Seoni (Falcon Remix)" / Gal Abutbul "Serenity"

*2014: Matt Bowdidge "My Reflection" / Indecent Noise "Warsaw 2.0" / Lostly & Manuel Le Saux "Lost Man" /  Bryan Kearney & Indecent Noise "Uncommon World (Lostly Remix)"

#4 dspencer124

dspencer124

Anjunabeats Legend

• Moderator (TATW)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

thought the whole point of having it on the forum and making people have a certain number of posts was to ensure that people voting were actually fans and that it couldn't be spammed the hell out of...just don't want the web vote to end up like ASOTs where artists 'promote' it on facebook to win. and i also presume with it being on facebook that it'll be a 'one person, one track' vote, as opposed to multiple track voting which would seriously suck.

that would be my major gripe, as long as i could still vote for as many or as few tracks as i like then i have no real issues with the switch as of now, will obviously wait to see how it pans out :)

Currently Appreciating:

Thomas Schwartz - You Would feat. Fausto Fanizza

Dinka & Morttugua - In Caelo

Future Disciple - Kwiwakurra

Orbion - The White Swan

Sunny Lax - Karma

Super8 & Tab vs Jaytech - Code Red (Kago Pengchi Remix)

Cold Rush  Touchdown (Meridian Remix)

Kill Paris - Float

#5 Paavo Siljamäki

Paavo Siljamäki

Supah Monkey

• Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

AnjunaCrasher: you say the forum is where 'proper fans' are.
We think of everyone who enjoys the the show as equals, whether they have visited this forum or not.

The show is meant for everyone who's interested in it.
We think music is great when shared with other people, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying it on your own either.

Let's see how the trial run goes.

p

#6 AnjunaCrasher

AnjunaCrasher

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

AnjunaCrasher: you say the forum is where 'proper fans' are.
We think of everyone who enjoys the the show as equals, whether they have visited this forum or not.

The show is meant for everyone who's interested in it.
We think music is great when shared with other people, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying it on your own either.

Let's see how the trial run goes.

p

Ok edit that to 'underground' lol

u c my point though surely

I joined the Forum (originally) in 2008 which was very late considering I have every compilation signed (including the 2x12" Anj100 Vinyl and Group Therapy limited edition book), around 60 Vinyl, 140 CDr's and every Digital release on Anjunabeats & deep (excluding about 4).

I would say that I'm in the most hardcore catagory of Anjuna / Trance fans and there are few people who can match that even on this Forum, therefore I am particularly defensive when my manta is potentially going to get spammed by people who don't share the same level of passion for the label as I do.

Not saying the being on the forum is the only way of being true fan, but Facebook is full of people who have little or no real interest in EDM never mind TATW. I just worry about people invading the poll who are actually setting out to abuse it.

:unsure:

Edited by AnjunaCrasher, 14 October 2011 - 11:28 AM.

Best tracks:

2005: Sunny Lax "P.U.M.A. (Original Mix)" & Above & Beyond vs. Andy Moor "Air For Life (Original Mix)"
2006: Nitrous Oxide "North Pole (Original Mix)" & Above & Beyond "Can't Sleep (Signum Remix)"
2007: Nitrous Oxide "Amnesia (Original Mix)" & Sunny Lax "Blue Bird (Original Mix)"
2008: Signalrunners "Meet Me In Montauk (Original Mix)" & Signalrunners & Julie Thompson "These Shoulders (Oliver Smith Remix)"
2009: Nitrous Oxide "Aurora (Original Mix)" & Sunny Lax "Misgrey (Original Mix)"

2010: Mat Zo "The Lost" & Mike Shiver & Aruna "Everywhere You Are (Duderstadt Vocal Mix)"
2011: Edu & Cramp "Human Turbines" (Beat Service Remix) & Andrew Bayer "From The Earth (Breakfast Remix)"
2012: Norin & Rad "Bloom" & Velvetine "The Great Divide (Soundprank Remix)"

2013: Purple Stories & Static Blue "Seoni (Falcon Remix)" / Gal Abutbul "Serenity"

*2014: Matt Bowdidge "My Reflection" / Indecent Noise "Warsaw 2.0" / Lostly & Manuel Le Saux "Lost Man" /  Bryan Kearney & Indecent Noise "Uncommon World (Lostly Remix)"

#7 Untold stories

Untold stories

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

"I just worry about people invading the poll who are actually setting out to abuse it"

This

It wouldn't be hard to do tbh.

#8 Paavo Siljamäki

Paavo Siljamäki

Supah Monkey

• Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

The more genuine votes we get each week, the more difficult it is to abuse or rig the vote.

#9 Untold stories

Untold stories

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

The more genuine votes we get each week, the more difficult it is to abuse or rig the vote.

Are the votes on the forum not genuine?

How can you differentiate the difference between a genuine vote and a false vote

#10 Paavo Siljamäki

Paavo Siljamäki

Supah Monkey

• Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

Are the votes on the forum not genuine?
How can you differentiate the difference between a genuine vote and a false vote

Yep normally all votes are 'genuine', but like with any poll, there's been some cases where people have tried to create a lot of new accounts to vote etc.
Wherever the poll happens, doing that will still be possible.

What i meant is that the more people we have voting in the poll each week, the more difficult it is for people to use dodgy tactics in it.

I'm hoping we can reach more people with it on Facebook, but let's see.

p

#11 Untold stories

Untold stories

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Yep normally all votes are 'genuine', but like with any poll, there's been some cases where people have tried to create a lot of new accounts to vote etc.
Wherever the poll happens, doing that will still be possible.

What i meant is that the more people we have voting in the poll each week, the more difficult it is for people to use dodgy tactics in it.

I'm hoping we can reach more people with it on Facebook, but let's see.

p

I'm still going to vote regardless but I suppose you have a point.

Just have to wait and see what happens. 👍😁

#12 BOa

BOa

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

I'm still going to vote regardless but I suppose you have a point.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

I just fear things like On A Good Day Metropolis wining 25 web votes in a row would happen, let's see

Edited by BOa, 14 October 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#13 AlexFictionFriction

AlexFictionFriction

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Great now every Anjuna release, regardless of how bad it is, will win more than usual. It is a terrible idea

#14 Paavo Siljamäki

Paavo Siljamäki

Supah Monkey

• Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Great now every Anjuna release, regardless of how bad it is, will win more than usual. It is a terrible idea

Why would getting more votes from people mean an Anjuna release is more likely to win?
I fail to see the logic here?

If - let's see - doing the vote as a Facebook question will get more people voting all it should give us is a more representative result that better reflects what the listeners of the show are into.

#15 Untold stories

Untold stories

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

Why would getting more votes from people mean an Anjuna release is more likely to win?

If - let's see - doing the vote as a Facebook question will get more people voting all it should give us is a more representative result that better reflects what the listeners of the show are into.

People like to vote. Not everyone on facebook are fans they maybe like 1-2 songs and decided to like you guys. I know a few of my friends like you on Facebook but are not fans.
Polls appear on Facebook feed and people are just gonna click away. Mindless voting when they don't really like the show etc.

Not trying to contradict anything you say or anything even though it does sound like it haha

#16 Guest: TItanium_*

Guest: TItanium_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

If you look at the ASOT playlist people blindly vote for tracks by Armin just because its by Armin or its on Armada the same thing will happen with this poll when we'll see only Anjuna releases getting WVW which is kinda lame for the other poor small labels out there. Its not a fair system. Most of the people on Facebook have very limited knowledge and without thinking twice they'll just vote for tracks by you or just because its on Anjunabeats or anjunadeep.

Edited by TItanium, 14 October 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#17 Lauxes

Lauxes

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Facebook will definitely reach a wider audience. It will also ensure more votes. It could potentially work out for the best. However, I'm not interactive at all with Facebook and just use it access this forum. Hope the trial run goes smoothly. I'll express my concerns after the first process is complete. Good idea to spread out into the social network system.

Edited by Lauxes, 14 October 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#18 Ocram

Ocram

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

If you look at the ASOT playlist people blindly vote for tracks by Armin just because its by Armin or its on Armada the same thing will happen with this poll when we'll see only Anjuna releases getting WVW which is kinda lame for the other poor small labels out there. Its not a fair system. Most of the people on Facebook have very limited knowledge and without thinking twice they'll just vote for tracks by you or just because its on Anjunabeats or anjunadeep.

One way to test this theory would be to include the MJ Cole mix of YGTG, which did not do so well in the vote here in this forum and also include Boom Jinx's Phoenix, which won its first ROTW with 36% of all votes. Then see if YGTG outperforms Phoenix.

#19 Paavo Siljamäki

Paavo Siljamäki

Supah Monkey

• Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

At least this week, we're not planning to include label names as the track titles are very long already.
So that would mean that you need to know what label a certain track is on to start picking like that.

p

#20 dspencer124

dspencer124

Anjunabeats Legend

• Moderator (TATW)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

how about this for an idea:

after the show this week i'll set up an 'unofficial web vote' for the forum where members can vote for as many or as few tracks as they like, and then we can compare the results from that to the one on facebook and see if facebook voting causes a massive shift in the results of the poll...i doubt there will be much shift, but it would be an interesting experiment :)

Currently Appreciating:

Thomas Schwartz - You Would feat. Fausto Fanizza

Dinka & Morttugua - In Caelo

Future Disciple - Kwiwakurra

Orbion - The White Swan

Sunny Lax - Karma

Super8 & Tab vs Jaytech - Code Red (Kago Pengchi Remix)

Cold Rush  Touchdown (Meridian Remix)

Kill Paris - Float

#21 Lauxes

Lauxes

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

how about this for an idea:

after the show this week i'll set up an 'unofficial web vote' for the forum where members can vote for as many or as few tracks as they like, and then we can compare the results from that to the one on facebook and see if facebook voting causes a massive shift in the results of the poll...i doubt there will be much shift, but it would be an interesting experiment :)

Indeed it would.

#22 mystex

mystex

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

This. The more people voting in the webvote, the better a representation of what the listeners want to hear there is. Most people are too lazy to go onto the forum and vote (like me), so the Facebook thing is a good idea imo (I for one would vote MUCH more often). It'll also spread TATW to a broader audience even more (questions on facebook spread like a virus) :)

Edited by mystex, 14 October 2011 - 02:46 PM.

Trance, House, & Progressive DJ and producer... how original, right?

Facebook

SoundCloud

#23 mystex

mystex

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

People won't know if a release is on Anjuna or some other record labels. It just has the artist and track name, no label. Thus? Fair.

I can see though how people might just "mindlessly click away at A&B tracks though". And how some people are only fans of A&B/anjunabeats because they like 1-2 songs.

The facebook thing is worth a shot, but if it just becomes a popularity contest then stick to the forum voting.

Edited by mystex, 14 October 2011 - 02:50 PM.

Trance, House, & Progressive DJ and producer... how original, right?

Facebook

SoundCloud

#24 Lazlow

Lazlow

Anjunabeats Alpha Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8753 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

People like to vote. Not everyone on facebook are fans they maybe like 1-2 songs and decided to like you guys. I know a few of my friends like you on Facebook but are not fans.
Polls appear on Facebook feed and people are just gonna click away. Mindless voting when they don't really like the show etc.

This. Why don't you guys just do what ASOT does? They use a Facebook login so you don't have to fiddle with making an account on some new website or whatever, but you still have to go to astateoftrance.com to vote. Makes it more accessible but at the same time eeds out all the idiots on Facebook who see the poll on their news feeds and just click a random track because they feel like it.

[21:16:28] <Myon> the whole music bizz. is plagarism

No images greater than 75x75 pixels? Posted Image

#25 NYCmatt

NYCmatt

Anjuna Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Not seeing how this is a bad idea? Or why everyone is being so negative about it? They're getting more votes and bringing in a wider audience to their show. Why does everyone care so much. Its a simple question on Facebook about 1 song you want to hear. Quit crying everytime A&B do something that you don't agree with.

#26 Sniff_&_Pleasure

Sniff_&_Pleasure

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

I don't see why it needs to be changed. If Facebook users want to register a vote then they should know where to come.

Forget Christianity, forget Islam, forget Judaism... Anjunabeats is my Religion!

#27 joovi

joovi

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Not quite sure what my feelins are about this.. Probly just a tad more on A&B's side, it might be a bad idea but we won't know that for sure before trying will we? :) If it turns out great then yay, if it's completely ruined the system can always be changed back to forum voting :P Can't see much harm in giving it a try I guess :D Better try other possibilities out than sticking with one that might not be the best one afterall

#28 Mike

Mike

Anjunabeats Superstar

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11841 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

:yes:

^^^THIS^^^

The forum is generally where the 'proper' fans are, involving Facebook will encourage more people to get involved but not the 'kind' of people that I want to share the experience with.

Sorry to flag this up, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on the internet.

How is this forum any different from Facebook, anyone can sign up here, many just don't choose to. This new way of voting makes it far more accessible to the average fan, the fans that they should be reaching.

This forum is in no way exclusive for "hardcore" fans.

It's no wonder this forum has largely been left for dead. I'm surprised Paavo expended the effort to respond to such a single-minded post. It's almost scary the way you speak of "the kind of people".

If there was a party full of Anjuna fans, and I had a choice of it being full of the people from this forum, or the average A&B fan on Facebook, I'd choose the latter.

Edited by Mike, 14 October 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#29 Mike

Mike

Anjunabeats Superstar

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11841 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

This. Why don't you guys just do what ASOT does? They use a Facebook login so you don't have to fiddle with making an account on some new website or whatever, but you still have to go to astateoftrance.com to vote. Makes it more accessible but at the same time eeds out all the idiots on Facebook who see the poll on their news feeds and just click a random track because they feel like it.

I like this idea, seems to make it a bit more balanced and integrates both "systems".

#30 Nick82

Nick82

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Sorry to flag this up, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on the internet.

How is this forum any different from Facebook, anyone can sign up here, many just don't choose to. This new way of voting makes it far more accessible to the average fan, the fans that they should be reaching.

This forum is in no way exclusive for "hardcore" fans.

It's no wonder this forum has largely been left for dead. I'm surprised Paavo expended the effort to respond to such a single-minded post. It's almost scary the way you speak of "the kind of people".

If there was a party full of Anjuna fans, and I had a choice of it being full of the people from this forum, or the average A&B fan on Facebook, I'd choose the latter.

You should change you name to "MIKEKNOWSITALL"
Every post of you is full of hate for the haters which eventually makes you double hater

Do you think that you are any better or superior from any other member here ?

Take a chill pill

In my opinion if Anjuna want facebook web vote its their decision to do whatever they want.I don't see anything negative to that

Edited by Nick82, 14 October 2011 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users