41 replies to this topic

#1 Marcioz Pollack

Marcioz Pollack

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:56 AM

I was thinking here with my bottoms. And I thought it could be awesome to have a lot of followers on soundcloud. Dont get me wrong, im not talking about robots following me just to look cool. I'm talking about getting heard, like if i have 200 followers, my track gets at least 100 plays.

I thought i could make like a quick DJ mix for my soundcloud account, but I dont know if anyone is going to hear it for simple reasons.

1- Nobody knows me
2- Is too long

I thought i could do some publishing by posting on some facebook groups but for obvius reasons doesnt work, people doesnt like robots.

Oh and doing tutorials is out of question, it could get the wrong public. To be really honest i don't want producers following me (Of course that i do, but i dont want to 90% be producers) , I want DJs or typical listeners that can be my fans.

Anyway, how did you got your followers? Did you just did go for a quick spam everywher you can? Or did you just posted good tracks and in some time you got a lot of followers?

OBS: If you want to follow me go to www.soundcloud.com/marciololz96
Haha!

BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS 
BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS 
BASS BASS BASS BASS 
BASS BASS 
BASS 

~no bass, no like~

#2 Trancestorm

Trancestorm

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4337 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:03 AM

make some soundset for synths and upload the demo - i have ca. 300 thru that!
also put up some of ur works. do various styles.

http://www.ameyahaudio.com/ | http://www.soundcloud.com/ameyahaudio | KIchirN.png?2 Ableton Suite User | Vf6SQLe.png?1Cockos Reaper User

#3 redsun

redsun

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Send a beer for every follower. :rolleyes:

#4 wayfu

wayfu

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

Be active in as many forums as you can, be a good, helpful, knowledgable, funny poster there and place your music or soundcloud link wherever you can – organically!

Like so:

If you want more: http://www.soundcloud.com/wayfu ;)

#5 Marcioz Pollack

Marcioz Pollack

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

even for the -18s? :o

BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS 
BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS 
BASS BASS BASS BASS 
BASS BASS 
BASS 

~no bass, no like~

#6 redsun

redsun

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

even for the -18s? :o

Nope. Protect them. Just send me their beers.
:blink: BTW I was 3 years old when i first get drunk. :thumbup:

Edited by redsun, 09 September 2011 - 06:44 AM.

#7 MoeFizzy

MoeFizzy

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

Be active in as many forums as you can, be a good, helpful, knowledgable, funny poster there and place your music or soundcloud link wherever you can – organically!

Agreed. If you make good music/demo's, if you actually put time and effort into them, and put out a WIP demo once a month not once a day, people WILL follow you. I have only 1 demo on my SC cloud so far, about 1 min long, and just by posting it on the forum, and the FB group, it got more than 150 plays in a week...I've only been producing for 2 months, and I'm not bragging, but I'm just saying if you put time and effort in your work, and actually be self critical before you post your stuff online, and actually put proper WIP demos, and not frequently, people will start following you, without you asking them :)

#8 Trancestorm

Trancestorm

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4337 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

haha :lol:
yh also being active in forums helps or do tuts for youtube and included ur soundcloud link.
use social networks like facebook or g+

http://www.ameyahaudio.com/ | http://www.soundcloud.com/ameyahaudio | KIchirN.png?2 Ableton Suite User | Vf6SQLe.png?1Cockos Reaper User

#9 Andrewjoo7

Andrewjoo7

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

haha :lol:
yh also being active in forums helps or do tuts for youtube and included ur soundcloud link.
use social networks like facebook or g+

you keep saying YH everywhere, im guessing that means yeah??

Edited by Andrewjoo7, 09 September 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#10 tehlord

tehlord

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

There are two secrets to getting followers. The first is to follow other people and comment on their music. I call this the Facebook syndrome and displays everything that is wrong with the world these days, remote and blind herd like behaviour.

The second would be to put up a load of really good music and wait.

You could of course combine the two, which balances out the hatred I have for the back patting crowds on Soundcloud.

Just look up 'Cozmoz' (with a capital C) to see how really bland music can generate almost insane amount of interest for his mediocre (at best) output. This is because he adheres to secret one.

#11 dnb34tz420

dnb34tz420

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Nope. Protect them. Just send me their beers.
:blink: BTW I was 3 years old when i first get drunk. :thumbup:

i was 8 days old when i first got drunk
/1up
Check out my productions at http://soundcloud.com/cyan_x

"If one more person send me some bullshit tagged i will tag you ALL 500 times in a scooter remake of ramstien !!! Yes, thats a threat :P" - Marcus Schossow

#12 Trancestorm

Trancestorm

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4337 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

you keep saying YH everywhere, im guessing that means yeah??

yh that what i meant!

#13 Alex venisse

Alex venisse

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

I follow you, you follow me ;)

Blue Harvest Music 

https://soundcloud.c...lueharvestmusic

#14 redsun

redsun

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

i was 8 days old when i first got drunk
/1up

You won. Resspect.

#15 YonatonHabte

YonatonHabte

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

actually he means me when he says yh ;) but umm tehlord is kinda right, but you also have to be creative. i send my music to promo channels and blogs, and even other content creators. like ive sent my stuff to graphic artists, counterstrike players, minecraft plyrs, montagers, commentatirs. anyone who uses nusic, send it there way and you can tap into there fanbase. get smart ;)

#16 Matt BK

Matt BK

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Just look up 'Cozmoz' (with a capital C) to see how really bland music can generate almost insane amount of interest for his mediocre (at best) output. This is because he adheres to secret one.

Hehe, his profile was so funny for me when I saw it for the first time - I just LOL'd :) he sent me a demo a few times :D

#17 tehlord

tehlord

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hehe, his profile was so funny for me when I saw it for the first time - I just LOL'd :) he sent me a demo a few times :D

Well he perfectly demonstrates to me what is wrong with the popularity contest that is FB, as it's not always the best music that gets the attention it should. In fact his stuff is so tediously mediocre it makes me physically wretch.

About a year ago I left some comments on there about a track being pretty average, which he then deleted. I of course, savagely attacked him for it. What a dick. Sorry, talentless dick.

And this isn't even off topic. The bloke has exactly 1000 times more attention than his music deserves simply because he makes other people feel great about their rubbish musical output too.

#18 wayfu

wayfu

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

welcome to the music business..

#19 Seneta

Seneta

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Not many peolpe who aren't djs or producers have Soundcloud accounts i dont think,youtube is a different story :P

There are two secrets to getting followers. The first is to follow other people and comment on their music. I call this the Facebook syndrome and displays everything that is wrong with the world these days, remote and blind herd like behaviour.

The second would be to put up a load of really good music and wait.

You could of course combine the two, which balances out the hatred I have for the back patting crowds on Soundcloud.

This/

#20 redsun

redsun

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Make a track about it, like 'Ive been stalking you on myspace'. Make a follow me on youtube or Like me on Facebook track too. People love silly stuff.

Edited by redsun, 10 September 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#21 Sonify

Sonify

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

Some great ideas have already been posted but at the end of every week i go through all my new followers and have a listen to a couple of there tracks. I'll post some constructive feedback and/or what i like about the song and follow them back if I enjoy there sounds / talent.

As tehlord said I also get surprised with the users that have thousands of followers and the music sounds bland or average.

Be active, listen and don't spam or hassle people to follow you with emails and comments. You could have 100 genuine followers and receive more feedback compared to 1000 fake spammers who give 'one word' comments and don't listen to your tunes anyway.

#22 Timothy Sky

Timothy Sky

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

the best way to get any followers on soundcloud/facebook/myspace/life is to just make exeptionally good music, that people enjoy. send the demo's to some well established labels, get some music signed, and bit by bit move up the ladder. THEN you will have labels, AND fans coming to you, searching for you, liking you, following you.

But as with anything else music is the most essential thing. 9 out of 10 times it will be the biggest contributing factor to your success in the music industry, but like i said, i can take lots of small steps. sometimes less, sometimes more.

just keep working at it, and in the meantime, just follow the advice given to you by the people above.

:)

#23 pars

pars

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

It's really weird that, my soundcloud usually only had EDM (bad tracks, really). Someday I added this:

And then some weeks later I had 16k plays, 600 weekly plays.

#24 Lethyx

Lethyx

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Get a sample off a funny/epic quote from a movie and create an EDM track out of it where the sample stutters as hell and then post it on soundcloud and advertise it.

Classic example: 'This is SPARTA! (Techno Remix)'

#25 Timothy Sky

Timothy Sky

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

the best way to get any followers on soundcloud/facebook/myspace/life is to just make exeptionally good music, that people enjoy. send the demo's to some well established labels, get some music signed, and bit by bit move up the ladder. THEN you will have labels, AND fans coming to you, searching for you, liking you, following you.

But as with anything else music is the most essential thing. 9 out of 10 times it will be the biggest contributing factor to your success in the music industry, but like i said, i can take lots of small steps. sometimes less, sometimes more.

just keep working at it, and in the meantime, just follow the advice given to you by the people above.

:)

THIS ^ :w00t: :clapping: :thumbup: :drunk: :smoke:

Edited by Timothy Sky, 11 September 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#26 YonatonHabte

YonatonHabte

Super Monkey

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:25 AM

btw just to clarify so i dont sound like an idiot- my last post was mainly talking about youtube, but you share you soundcloud links there too and itll help. but yes music is the first thing to do right, then its a matter of marketing

#27 wayfu

wayfu

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

THIS ^ :w00t: :clapping: :thumbup: :drunk: :smoke:

Bigup your own post, why don't you? :)

As any self-respecting cynic can tell you, it's not about the quality of the music

#28 Matt BK

Matt BK

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

$$$$$$$$$$ + some music = followers

#29 Lethyx

Lethyx

Anjunabeats Legend

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

$$$$$$$$$$ + some music = followers

You mean, I actually have to pay to get followers?

#30 Sonify

Sonify

Anjunabeats Resident

• Residents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Just network yourself with the right people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users